April 12, 2017
Parent University: Internet Safety and Cyber Crimes
Thank you to Cpl. Hank Jacobsen & Det. Erin Pape of the Davenport Police Department for an excellent presentation on internet safety and cyber crimes. We had very good attendance, but I know many had other activities scheduled and were not able to attend. A few tips to pass on from last night:
- There are two things about technology to always remember – It is permanent and public.
- When your child goes to bed each night, their phone gets left with you, their parent. This gives parents a chance to check the child’s phone and keeps them from being on their phone during the night.
- Always be honest with your children that you will be checking their phone. Honesty begets honesty.
- If your child reports something inappropriate that was sent to them, do not punish the child. Thank them for reporting and then deal with the person who sent the message.
- If your child receives a harassing or sexual message on their electronic device, this is reportable to the police.
- Harassment via electronic devices is a chargeable offense. It is an aggravated misdemeanor. Repeated offenses can lead to jail time, even for minors.
- Harassment is how the victim perceives it, not the intent of the person who says or sends the message.
- Talk to your child. Establish good communication with your child when they are young, so they will continue to talk to you and trust you as they get older.
Holy Week Worship
- Holy Thursday, April 13: Mass of the Lord’s Supper, 6:30 PM
- Good Friday, April 14
- Living Stations, 3:00 PM
- Passion of the Lord, 6:30 PM
- Saturday, April 15: Easter Vigil, 8:30 PM
- Easter Sunday, April 16: 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM (NO 5:30 PM Mass)
No School Good Friday or Easter Monday – April 14 and April 17.
Congratulations to our students who have participated in the following enrichment events over the last two weeks! Check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/St-Paul-the-Apostle-Catholic-School-163040517090185/ for pictures!
- 6th Grade Math Bee
- First Lego League Competition
- STEM Fair
St. Paul the Apostle Future Club/Fund cordially invites you to the…
29th Annual Appreciation Dinner
THE BLUE & GOLDEN GLOBES
- Denning Hall
- Friday, May 5th, 2017
- Cocktails/Social 5:45PM
- Seating for Dinner begins at 6:45PM
- RSVP to the school office.