June 2, 2021
We’re finally winding down from our crazy but wonderful school year! I know we are all looking forward to some time to unwind from the hustle and bustle.
I am grateful for the many people who helped make this year a success!
- Parents – For your unending support, following our quarantine guidelines, and keeping your children home when experiencing symptoms that could possibly be Covid. That kept us all healthy!
- Faculty and Staff – For teaching in unchartered territory, making school as normal and safe as possible for our students, and going above and beyond in every way!
- Students – For an absolutely great attitude and going with the flow of changes all year!
- HB – For finding subs and putting the puzzle of coverage together when needed and for being the queen of ISASP with training and organization.
- Katee Bates – For getting our 1:1 program running and training all faculty and students in record time.
- Substitute Teachers – The ladies below kept us going all year, before vaccines and when Covid was at its peak! Without you, we wouldn’t have been able to stay open! Shout out to Mrs. Joan Leonard, Mrs. Kelsey Lorenzen, Erin Dolan, Mrs. Natalia Grodecki, Mrs. Megan Irmen, Mrs. Solange Jestel, Mrs. Nancy DeJulius and Mrs. Molly Whiting!
- Spengler, Mr. Kaalberg and Mrs. VanCamp – Their constant cleaning that kept the school germ free!!
Class lists will be sent out in late July via email. We have movement of students in and out of the school throughout the summer. Sending out our lists later allows us to balance homerooms as we have changes in our enrollment.
Day of Awesomeness is Friday!
- Students may be out of uniform.
- Pizza lunch provided.
Last Day of School
- We will have an all school 8:30 AM Mass.
- Students may wear SPS spirit wear, any SPS t-shirts (musical, band, 6th grade Bazaar…), and nonuniform bottoms.
- Hamburger/hot dog lunch provided.
- Normal dismissal – 2:55 PM, busses will run.
Welcome to Next Year’s New Faculty and Staff
- Erin Dolan, 6th grade Teacher
- Natalia Grodecki, Kindergarten Aid
- Molly Whiting, Transitional Kindergarten Aid
- Katie Brown, 4 Year Old Preschool Aid (Returning to us!)
Celebrate St. Paul’s – June 12 5:30 – 8:30 PM
Join the celebration on Saturday, June 12 including food, children’s activities, and fellowship!! We are celebrating the completion of a great school year, our wonderful parish family, and the people and organizations that kept St. Paul the Apostle Parish and School running this year. It took all of us to make this happen, so we are celebrating our awesome community at St. Paul’s!!
Family Referral Program
It is with great excitement that I announce St. Paul the Apostle Catholic School is beginning a Family Referral Program, Let Your Light Shine! When an SPS refers a new family to our school and they enroll, the SPS family will receive a $250 tuition credit. This referral program is designed to boost enrollment and help our school thrive!
Here is how the program works:
Families with children enrolled at St. Paul the Apostle Catholic School become eligible to receive a $250 referral bonus for referring a new family who enrolls and attends our school for the entire 2021-2022 school year. This referral bonus is available for each new family who attends. For example, if you refer three new families who enroll, you will receive $750 off your second semester tuition next school year. To receive your referral bonus, the new family must mention your family as their referral source when registering.
Tuition Transfer Credit
To help encourage new families to give our great school a try, we are also offering a Tuition Transfer Credit to eligible new families when they enroll for the 2021-2022 school year. Eligible families would receive a discount on tuition for each of their children (grades 1 – 8 where space permits) for the first two years of enrollment.
- Year one enrollment = $1000 discount on full tuition for each eligible student.
- Year two enrollment = $500 discount on full tuition for each eligible student.
Certain restrictions apply. If a class is already at capacity, new students in that grade level would not be eligible for this grant. Additionally, families receiving tuition assistance through the Family Tuition Plan would not be eligible for this program.
Open Positions for the 2021-2022 School Year – Music and Art
St. Paul the Apostle School has openings next year for a full time K-8 Music teacher and a full time K-8 Art teacher. Mrs. Hannon will remain on staff part time continuing her work as our Religion Coordinator. We will miss Mr. McVay and Mrs. Larson and wish them well in their next endeavor.
If you know of any Iowa Certified Art or Music teachers, please have them contact me via email at Julie.Delaney@st-paul.pvt.k12.ia.us.
Share the Good News
Parents, you are our best recruiters of new students. Please share with your family, friends and neighbors what you love about sending your children to St. Paul’s. If you know of people who are interested in sending their children to SPS they can call the office at 322-2923 or email me at Julie.Delaney@st-paul.pvt.k12.ia.us to get materials and set up a tour.
Julie C. Delaney, PhD
St. Paul the Apostle Catholic School
Davenport, IA 52803
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."