October 27, 2021
COVID 19 Update – Current data
Students/Faculty Quarantined - * fewer than five
Students/Faculty Covid Positive – * fewer than five
Report Cards will be sent to parents via email. Please look for those to arrive in your Inbox this week, either later today or tomorrow. Conferences next week are the perfect opportunity to discuss your child’s progress with their teacher.
- Halloween parties on Friday October 29. Students may wear their costumes to school. Students may wear hats, crowns, cat ears, and other headgear as a part of their costume. We ask students not bring accessories, especially those that are weapons such as bow and arrows, swords, guns, hatchets. We also ask that costumes be school appropriate.
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest – Please drop off decorated pumpkins at Denning Hall on Thursday from 4:30 – 6:00 PM.
- Pumpkin Patch – Home and School will have the courtyard decorated again to get us in the spirit! Thank you to the DelPreore Family for providing the inflatables!
- Trunk or Treat – October 29, information from Home and School has been sent out.
Coming in November:
- Ladies Night Bingo, November 18. Information is in the weekly announcements.
- Parent Teacher Conferences November 1-4. You should have received an email from your child’s teacher.
Not new but still important….
Living as a disciple of Jesus Christ in today’s world, is more complex now than it’s ever been. Do you ever wonder how church teaching applies in a particular situation? Have you been stumped by a question from one of your kids or a family member? Are you seeking answers to your own questions? We are all seekers on the journey doing our best to follow Jesus every day. Let’s help each other along the way.
Join us on Wednesday November 3rd at 6:30pm in McEleney Hall for Faith Forum. There will be food, faith conversations and fellowship all in a safe space grounded in mutual respect and a common love of Christ. Contact Tasha Havercamp for more information. Adults only please. Please RSVP here or email Tasha Havercamp at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
SPS Can Food Drive
It's back! The SPS Can Food Drive to support the River Bend Foodbank and Assumption High School. The St. Paul's Can Food Drive begins today and goes through November 9. Please send in canned goods and non-perishable food items to your child's home room. Student Council members will come around each day and collect. SPS is having a friendly competition between the grades to see whom “can” bring in the most cans. Each week the grade from each pod, K-2, 3-5, and 6-8, with the most cans will receive a treat delivered by a Student Council member. All of the food collected goes to Assumption to help them compete in the Student Hunger Drive.
Thank you for your Participation in Panther Perks!!
Our profits are up over last year currently for Panther Perks. Thank you for using this program! The funds raised support many academic and co-curricular activities in the school enriching your children’s education.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Last year’s format for conferences was very successful as shared by both teachers and parents. We will be using the same format again this year. Teachers will be offering conferences online and in person if requested. Each teacher will contact parents with their conference times and to schedule with you. Conferences will be the first week of November. Due to conferences, there will be no school on Thursday and Friday, November 4 and 5, 2021.
Please check Mrs. Boche’s Weekly Announcements for additional important information.
Julie C. Delaney, PhD
St. Paul the Apostle Catholic School
Davenport, IA 52803
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."