Transitional Kindergarten Spring Program 2017
NCEA Conference Reflection
Local Love Us: SPS Shows the Love
We Love Catholic Schools!
On the Roof! Congrats SPS students on 252,000+ pages read!
Revisiting our Mission
Our year began with professional development before for the faculty and staff. In revisiting our parish and school vision and mission, we chose three values that embody our school mission:
- Life-long learning
- Collaborative community
In this year’s Home & School newsletters, these core 3 values will be my focus, beginning with faith.
In the development of our Catholic faith, our emphasis this year is on making our school Liturgies more meaningful for the students. Teachers are preparing the students before Mass by discussing the readings the students will hear at our Friday all school Masses and preparing the students for the Sunday Mass readings as well.
As the school year progresses we will be helping the students develop a better understanding of the many beautiful aspects of our worship together as a community.
The Car as the Family Chapel
We are all busy running our children to sports practices, dance, school, and the orthodontist. We most likely spend more time in our cars than around the dining room table. In a recent meeting with Fr. Tony, Cathy Hannon, and Michelle Herrington, we shared ways to help our children develop their love of Jesus. I learned with my son, Brian, that some of our most meaningful conversations happened in the car. Driving to and from activities or on family trips you can
- Pray for special intentions.
- Thank God for the good things that happened that day at school, home and activities.
- Share your childhood family faith traditions and memories.
- Pray a Rosary using a CD or mp3 player.
Don’t forget to nourish your own faith life in the carpool craziness. When you are waiting in the car for practice to end
- Keep a prayer journal.
- Read a spiritual book such as, My Monastery is a Minivan, by Denise Roy.
- Read and meditate on a daily devotional.
- Check catholicmom.com or catholicdadshq.blogspot.com daily blog for prayers, Gospel reflections.