The job of a curriculum director consists of many pieces, much like a puzzle.
Here are some examples of those pieces of my day:
* assist Mrs. Delaney with the professional development of our teachers.
* mentor and support our new teachers.
* work with the student assessments
* interpret and share the data with our parents and teachers
* work with our academic support team
* assist in student achievement
* align our curriculum with the Iowa Core Standards
* develop Professional Learning Communities for our teachers
* work with book companies with new purchases
* work with the AEA for new training
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education from the University of Northern Iowa and a Master of Science in Education from Drake University in Effective Teaching, Learning, and Leadership. I have been a teacher at St. Paul the Apostle School for 22 years and have taught students in first through fourth grades. I can’t believe it but I have taught for a total of 32 years!
My husband Tony and I have been members at St. Paul the Apostle since 1984. We live on an acreage and enjoy working outside with our lab Carly. Our daughter Katie and son Blake are graduates of St. Paul the Apostle School and are living in the QC area. We both came from rural communities in western Iowa and have called the St. Paul community, our little town in the big city.