I have been a member of St. Paul's Parish since 2001 and have been in the school office since 2009. My husband Scott and I are high school sweethearts from Assumption High School. We have five children:
Brittney - Lives in Minneapolis and is working full time as an activities director and part time as a Barista at Starbucks.
Kayla - A senior at Iowa, majoring in Criminal Justice and planning to work in Human Resources and continue her education in Law School.
Maddilyn - A freshman at Iowa, majoring in Psychology. She loves her dance club and attending activities at the Newman Catholic Center.
Emma - A sophomore at Assumption. She enjoys tennis, band, and driving with her school permit.
Samuel - 3rd grader here at SPS and loves playing baseball, basketball and soccer.
In my spare time I love to read, scrapbook, visit Pinterest, and go camping with my family. I also have 3 dogs - Charlie, Izabella, and Maizy, and a cat Wrigley. My favorite color is purple and I love koala bears, the Chicago Cubs, and Iowa Hawkeye basketball.
My job is to be friendly and helpful! If you have any questions or concerns, let me know and I will do my best to help you out or at least point you in the right direction. I am not just a "secretary"! Yes, I answer the phone, sort mail and open the door, but I also have many other responsibilities including (but not limited to):
- Scheduling School events, maintaining/updating the school calendar
- Updating the website
- Supervising the lunch program
- Administering first aid for injured staff/students
- Administering medication to students
- Collect forms and money from students and teachers for various activities
- Coordinate school pictures
- Order textbooks/consumables/school supplies
- Email weekly announcements/information to all school families
- Maintain JMC - our student information system
- State Reporting
- Manage Diocesan Safe Environment Training for all Faculty/Staff/Volunteers
- Attend Board of Education Meetings and take minutes
- Monitor all building visitors
- Monitor/Escort students sent to the school office for disciplinary issues
- Schedule/Assist in carrying out drills including storm, fire, crisis situations
- Find substitutes for teachers/Track Substitute hours for payroll
- Track Faculty and Staff time off
- Set school bells to ring at appropriate times
- Order Iowa Assessment Materials
- Prepare all Paperwork for Roundup in February and Registration in August
- Set up Health Screenings including vision, hearing, dental and flu shots
- Maintain enrollment counts
- And much, much more!
As you can see, I am very busy, but I absolutely love my job and am so blessed to be a part of the St. Paul's community. I see grace and faith in our students and teachers every day, and my prayer life has grown tremendously since I've been at St. Paul's.